Save Time at Your First Appointment
No matter what type of condition or injury you are being seen for at Idaho Orthopaedic & Sports Clinic, we require the following three forms prior to treating you.
You can save time at your first appointment by downloading, printing, and filling out our new patient forms prior to your appointment.
Precautions to Take at Home Prior to Surgery
Take time to prepare your home for your recovery after surgery by following some simple steps advised by our physicians at Idaho Orthopaedic & Sports Clinic.
- Arrange for someone to help you with everyday tasks at home during your recovery
- Place items you use regularly within reach
- Remove loose carpets and tape down electrical cords
- Have a stable chair with a firm seat cushion, back, and two armrests
What to Expect After Surgery
If you are having day surgery, remember the following guidelines to ensure a smooth recovery process:
- Do not eat or drink anything on your car ride home - anesthesia, food, and car motion can cause nausea and vomiting
- When home, eat a light meal when you are hungry and avoid greasy foods for at least 24 hours
- Elevate the extremity you had surgery on and use ice as directed
- Do not wait until you are in severe pain to take your pain medicine, control your pain by taking your prescribed medication as directed by your physician
Contact Us Immediately
If You Experience any Unusual Side Effects After Your Procedure.